Monday, April 4, 2011

Here comes Baby Girl Kenny!!!

As promised, here is my play-by-play of finding out I was pregnant.

The week that Sean, Paige and I were scheduled to head to Syracuse for Thanksgiving is the week that I was to be expecting my monthly friend.  We would have been in Syracuse that day, and I wanted to test at home, so I could tell Sean privately.  So I decided against taking a test on Tuesday before we left, and figured I'd wait until AFTER I was expected to get my visitor.  I figured another couple days wouldn't change much.

When we got there, we settled in and were expecting my brother-in-law and his wife to arrive Thursday morning.  When they did, they announced that they were expecting.  At that moment, I knew I was pregnant.  Not took a test knew, but I had this gut feeling that I was going to be having my own little bundle of joy.  Sean and I talked about it and decided if we weren't, we'd stop trying to conceive for a few months, so that our family could have their moment in the sun.....this being their first child.   So we let the subject go, although inside I was churning with about a hundred different emotions.  I wanted so badly to be pregnant, but thought for sure my family would be upset, because this was their first child and I know how much you want your child to be "in the spotlight" so to speak when it comes to their birth and first few months of life. 

When we returned home from Syracuse, off I went to the drug store to purchase my own test.  I didn't say anything to Sean, I just waited for him to leave for work Monday morning.  When he did, I jumped out of bed and took the test.  My hear soared with excitement (and fear if I'm being completely honest) when the test read pregnant.  So Paige and I went to the store and purchased a shirt that said "Big Sister".  One look at the shirt and Sean knew he was going to be a Daddy again. 

We told my parents first, when we went to cut down our Christmas tree a week later.  Sean mentioned in conversation that he was going to have to watch me like a hawk to make sure I didn't trip over stumps, and they knew right away.  When I was pregnant with Paige and we went cutting down our tree, all anyone worried about was me tripping and falling over a tree stump.  My family was elated at the thought of another little grandchild to spoil.

We went back to Syracuse to celebrate Christmas and New Year's on New Year's Eve.  We put Paige's shirt on her, and when my father-in-law saw it, he was so very excited.  My Syracuse family was elated as well, and I was so happy to share this news with them.

The only people I was actually nervous about telling were my brother-in-law and sister-in-law.   I was so worried that they were going to think that we got pregnant after they told us or something, that we put off telling them until the middle of January.   We had finally decided on a day to go down and visit them at their home to exchange Christmas presents and have dinner.  Sean made the announcement and they were shocked.  I'm still not sure if they're thrilled about it, but I am happy enough for everyone, and I know in my heart that we didn't do it to take any attention away from anyone, or because anyone else was pregnant.  In fact, we were pregnant and didn't even know it when we were all together last. 

I am so very happy to be having another child.  I did, however receive another shock when I went for my big ultrasound in March.   I was so certain that this baby was a boy.  I felt so different this time, and just had a feeling that I was having a boy.  I picked out the bedding, a name, and everything.  I was ready to order the bedding as soon as we got home from our appointment.  However, my little peanut had a different agenda for me.  I had called my in-laws, and had them on speaker phone as the technician made her announcement.  My sister and stepmom were in the room with me, alongside Sean and Paige of course.  When she said "It's a Girl!"  I burst into laughter, in complete disbelief.  I am thrilled, of course, but now Sean and I cannot agree on anything....bedding, name, middle name, color scheme, you name it. 

We've gotten some choices narrowed down, but I'm just glad we have until July 29th to make these decisions.   Because Paige was such a difficult labor that resulted in a c-section (because of her size), my doctor told me I'd only be allowed to go to 39 weeks.  If I go into labor before then, I can have a VBAC, but if not, I will have a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks.  Which means as I write this I have 16 weeks and 5 days until my baby comes.  When I look at that number I honestly get nervous, you'd think I've never done this before!

I am so happy to share this news with the world.  I hope you're all just as happy to read it, whoever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment