Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holiday Happiness

I love this time of year.....it's a constant reminder of how blessed we are, and how much we have to be thankful for.  This past weekend was Thanksgiving, and we traveled up to Syracuse to spend time with our family.  My in laws are truly the best.  They love me like their own daughter, and welcomed me into their family and hearts with open arms and smiling faces.  I am so lucky to have them in my life, and for the relationship we share.  We also found out while we were in Syracuse that my brother-in-law and sister-in-law are going to have a baby!  I am so excited to be an Auntie! 

The next few weekends are super super busy!  We have Christmas pictures, our annual tree cutting outing, tree decorating, Christmas parties, Christmas card assembling, and LOTS of baking!  I think this year is going to be so much fun!  Paige is already asking for "SAN-A"  (Santa), and everytime we see a picture of him she gets so excited.  The real test will come when we go visit him in the mall next week.   She loves to look at the lights, and the decorations outside everyone's houses.  I love just driving around and pointing them out, and listening to hear squeal with excitement while she claps her hands and yells "PRETTY!"

I think of how much I have in my life to feel blessed, thankful, and fortunate for, and I realize that no matter how many gifts are under my tree come Christmas morning, my Christmas wishes have already come true.  I have the love of a man who is my true soulmate, I have a daughter who, in my opinion, is the most beautiful and amazing miracle God has ever created, and I have a home filled with warmth, love and happiness.  That is the true reason for the season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment